Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
- Posts: 8883
- Joined: 2004-05-31T19:27:03-07:00
- Authentication code: 8675308
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
You do NOT need full execute rights for the PHP module form.
Only for the command line form.
There are three IM usage styles for PHP
- Command Line, which due to IM examples has become very popular
- MagickWand, which is a recomended solution
- PECL Magick, which is probably the easier to install into an existing system
For more info see IM Examples, Feedback and questions, PHP
PS: If you have command line access to the server you could install your own command line version of IM separate to the system. However running commands from PHP may also be disabled.