problem: Install Magick on Visual studio 2010 - MFC

Magick++ is an object-oriented C++ interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick++.
shervin
Authentication code: 6789

problem: Install Magick on Visual studio 2010 - MFC

Post by shervin »

Dear all,
I have downloaded the Magick and followed the instruction to install it on my system. However I encountered a problem at the first step. I opened and converted the configure.sln under visual studio 2010. I received an error when I pressed the play button to run the program; stating that “unable to start the program configure.exe… the system cannot find the specific file.” I do appreciate if you provide me the instructions to install it under visual 2010.

I went to VisualMagick\configure folder and opened the configure.sln. I also sat the build configuration to Release. However I am still receiving the same error.

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: configure, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Build started 5/5/2013 11:18:19 PM.
1>_PrepareForClean:
1> Deleting file ".\Release\configure\configure.lastbuildstate".
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1> Creating ".\Release\configure\configure.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>ClCompile:
1> stdafx.cpp
1> _WIN32_WINNT not defined. Defaulting to _WIN32_WINNT_MAXVER (see WinSDKVer.h)
1> WaitDlg.cpp
1> _WIN32_WINNT not defined. Defaulting to _WIN32_WINNT_MAXVER (see WinSDKVer.h)
1> configure.cpp
1> configure_wizard.cpp
1> finished_page.cpp
1> system_page.cpp
1> target_page.cpp
1> welcome_page.cpp
1> Generating Code...
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(D:\Shervin_Zargham\Industrial Projects\LED Display\ImageMagick-6.8.5-4\ImageMagick-6.8.5\VisualMagick\configure\.\Release\configure\configure.exe) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (D:\Shervin_Zargham\Industrial Projects\LED Display\ImageMagick-6.8.5-4\ImageMagick-6.8.5\VisualMagick\configure\configure.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>Link:
1> configure.vcxproj -> D:\Shervin_Zargham\Industrial Projects\LED Display\ImageMagick-6.8.5-4\ImageMagick-6.8.5\VisualMagick\configure\.\Release\configure\configure.exe
1>FinalizeBuildStatus:
1> Deleting file ".\Release\configure\configure.unsuccessfulbuild".
1> Touching ".\Release\configure\configure.lastbuildstate".
1>
1>Build succeeded.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:22.43
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Many Thanks,
Shervin Zargham
smajler

Re: problem: Install Magick on Visual studio 2010 - MFC

Post by smajler »

Week ago i've installed Magick++ on Visual C++ 2010 express.

Step1. Go to VisualMagick\configure and start configure.exe. Use default options and start to build solution. Open generated solution from VisualMagick folder and build it for Debug and Release.
Step2. Create new solution (console app for example). Go to project Properties->C\C++ \ General \ Additional Include Directories and add:
D:\SharedLibs\ImageMagick-6.7.7\
D:\SharedLibs\ImageMagick-6.7.7\Magick++\lib

Go to Linker \ General \ Additional Library Directories and add:
D:\SharedLibs\ImageMagick-6.7.7\VisualMagick\lib

Go to Linker \ Input \ Additional Dependencies and add to list CORE_DB_Magick++_.lib

In the end copy just built DLL and paste them to your Debug and Release folder. It should works. Of course your D:\SharedLibs\ImageMagick-6.7.7\ directory name could be different it is just an example :)
shervin

Post by shervin »

Thank you so much I did your suggestion and now it works fine but now I encountered another problem. Please see the post below:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23691
shervin

Post by shervin »

@ rsgold09,
Hello
Unfortunately I did not clearly understand what you mean. I do appreciate any suggestion. by the way I have another problem which is posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23691. another issue is; I have windows 7, when I compiled the code and run it on winXP, I does not work.

Many Thanks,
Shervin Zargham