SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Magick.NET is an object-oriented C# interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick.NET
User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-09T03:58:31-07:00

I am having trouble to understand your issue. Are you just experiencing a font issue? Do you let your website user decide a new font? The font in your SVG file should be installed on your server.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-09T04:28:35-07:00

dlemstra wrote:I am having trouble to understand your issue. Are you just experiencing a font issue? Do you let your website user decide a new font? The font in your SVG file should be installed on your server.

Hi.. Yea. Am just experiencing a font issue. All other functionalities are working excellent.
No Am not letting user to decide any font. All the fonts are marked in the STYLE tag for the tspan elements.
Yes. I have installed the fonts in the server as well. But the application is not taking the fonts from the server for saving.

I will upload the input and output files to some filesharer and send you a PM

User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-09T05:14:18-07:00

I am unable to reproduce your issue. When I try to convert your SVG image and I don't have the font installed I get an error message. When I try to convert your SVG image and the font is installed on my system it works without any problems. Maybe this is some kind of permission issue? I used PNG as the output format.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-09T06:52:40-07:00

dlemstra wrote:I am unable to reproduce your issue. When I try to convert your SVG image and I don't have the font installed I get an error message. When I try to convert your SVG image and the font is installed on my system it works without any problems. Maybe this is some kind of permission issue? I used PNG as the output format.
permission on ? windows font folder ?

User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-09T07:10:34-07:00

Maybe you should use something like procmon to monitor file access to see what is happening?
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-09T07:47:43-07:00

dlemstra wrote:Maybe you should use something like procmon to monitor file access to see what is happening?
nothing related to fonts are displayed in procmon :-(

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-09T08:17:20-07:00

I have used procmon and found no attempts to get fonts from windows/fonts folder by Magick.NET

User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-09T12:38:25-07:00

Which version of Windows is on your server? We had an issue with Windows 2003 that has been resolved in Magick.NET 7.0.0.0101.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-10T03:16:02-07:00

dlemstra wrote:Which version of Windows is on your server? We had an issue with Windows 2003 that has been resolved in Magick.NET 7.0.0.0101.
Hi am using Windows Server 2012 R2

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-10T06:23:11-07:00

ranjith328 wrote:
dlemstra wrote:Which version of Windows is on your server? We had an issue with Windows 2003 that has been resolved in Magick.NET 7.0.0.0101.
Hi am using Windows Server 2012 R2
Hi there.. is it because of Windows server version ?

User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-10T06:51:17-07:00

Nope probably not. I have no idea what is causing this. The weird thing is that you don't see any access for fonts with procmon. Are you sure that you are sending the correct svg back to the server from the client?
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-10T07:49:36-07:00

dlemstra wrote:Nope probably not. I have no idea what is causing this. The weird thing is that you don't see any access for fonts with procmon. Are you sure that you are sending the correct svg back to the server from the client?

Yes. am sending correct SVG.

Even we tried hard to find the cause for this, but couldnt find out the cause

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-10T08:41:44-07:00

Hi.. what was the issue in Windows 2003 ?

User avatar
dlemstra
Posts: 1562
Joined: 2013-05-04T15:28:54-07:00
Authentication code: 6789
Contact:

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by dlemstra » 2016-02-10T08:58:09-07:00

If was some internal windows issue that cannot be a problem on your server. Is it possible to create a VM from your server so we can reproduce this issue?
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate

ranjith328
Posts: 28
Joined: 2016-02-01T04:44:13-07:00
Authentication code: 1151

Re: SVG to TIFF conversion - Impact in Image resolution

Post by ranjith328 » 2016-02-10T12:09:29-07:00

dlemstra wrote:If was some internal windows issue that cannot be a problem on your server. Is it possible to create a VM from your server so we can reproduce this issue?
let me check that and come back to u

Post Reply