Windows Disappearing on Hover After Reader Update

Magick.NET is an object-oriented C# interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick.NET
mscirri
Authentication code: 1152

Windows Disappearing on Hover After Reader Update

Post by mscirri »

We are using this control in a WinForms application served up by RDS on Windows Server 2016. The package we have installed states that the ImageMagick library is 7.0.0.0. We recently upgraded Acrobat Reader from deprecated XI to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Everything seems OK with the following exception:

1.) Open a PDF within our application which is loaded into the ImageMagick control (ImageMagick.MagickImage).
2.) I click off of that form, whether it is another form in the application or a windows outside of the application.
3.) I click back on the form displaying the document.
4.) ** When I hover over a toolbar item, instead of a tool-tip being displayed for that function, the entire form just disappears until I move my mouse.

Magick.NET Reference Properties:

Identity: Magick.NET-x86
Runtime Version: v4.0.30319
Version: 7.0.0.0

Is anyone else seeing this issue and if so, has anyone found out the reason for this behavior?

Thank you,
Marc
fmw42

Re: Windows Disappearing on Hover After Reader Update

Post by fmw42 »

I suggest you try upgrading ImageMagick to its current version of 7.0.8.8. Your 7.0.0.0 is old (approx 88 versions old) and was the first release of ImageMagick 7, so it could have bugs.

Are you sure this is an ImageMagick issue? Might it be a Windows or Adobe issue?
mscirri

Post by mscirri »

I can't say for sure that it is ImageMagic, but I can say that version of Reader doesn't behave like that on its own. When I open PDFs with Reader directly and perform the same steps I get the proper behavior.

I can try updating the package in my solution.
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Post by dlemstra »

Magick.NET is not a control but a library that wraps the functionality of ImageMagick. I have no clue how you are using that inside your application but I would suggest that you would upgrade Magick.NET (if that is possible) to the latest version.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate