Resource limits are not working

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
signsrus

Re: Resource limits are not working

Post by signsrus »

The pdf and ai files were not working because gs (ghoscript) lies in /usr/local/bin and the path for nobody did not include that. Probably why the debug wasn't working either.

But I have now set global env vars MAGICK_TMPDIR and those files still end up in /tmp

I edited the configure.xml file to reflect the same temporary_path.

I also put the -define registry:temporary-path=/home/magick in the command line.

So it doesn't work as advertised.

I realize you may not be able to reproduce. I am telling you that I have done everything and it doesn't work. Can't you get somebody else to take a look please.

Thank you.
signsrus

Post by signsrus »

Could you supply me with a custom source that will ensure /home/magick is used instead???

Please. Thank you.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

ImageMagick is open-source. You can grab the source and edit it at will.

If you add -debug resource to your command line it tells you which temporary path it generates. If you want to debug the algorithm, have a look at AcquireUniqueFileResource() in magick/resource.c.