ExceptionInfo Error OSX 10.7.3

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
megrimm
Authentication code: 8675308

ExceptionInfo Error OSX 10.7.3

Post by megrimm »

Hello,

I get this error when compiling my program:

/sw/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick-type.h:192: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct _ExceptionInfo ExceptionInfo'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:196: error: 'ExceptionInfo' has a previous declaration as 'typedef union ExceptionInfo ExceptionInfo'

I cant seem to find a solution so I am assuming it is a bug with ImageMagic.

thanks!
magick
Site Admin

Re: ExceptionInfo Error OSX 10.7.3

Post by magick »

Unlike C++ and Java, C does not have namespaces and conflicts are possible. The only solution is to not include the ImageMagick headers and Carbon headers in the same source module.
jheld
Authentication code: 6789

Re: ExceptionInfo Error OSX 10.7.3

Post by jheld »

This problem still occurs on 10.8.5, which is expected. The thing is, I don't use the Carbon framework anywhere visibly in my project. How can I make sure it's not used? And to be honest, it shouldn't be used, especially because if I'd be doing any GUI development, it would only be with Cocoa, and I'm not even doing that.