Ubuntu 11.10 - RMagick - unable to acquire cache view

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
wordans
Authentication code: 13

Ubuntu 11.10 - RMagick - unable to acquire cache view

Post by wordans »

Hello,

I have a couple of servers that use RMagick (a Ruby API to imagemagick) inside a Rails app.

My OS is Ubuntu 11.10 server x64
Compilation :
./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib --with-quantum-depth=8 --disable-openmp -enable-shared

Tried using versions : ImageMagick-6.7.6-7, ImageMagick-6.7.7-7

Both versions randomly give this error when trying to call the RMagick method draw (http://www.imagemagick.org/RMagick/doc/draw.html#draw). It's really random, it can work for hours and start failing 5 times in a row etc ...

Magick::FatalImageMagickError (unable to acquire cache view `No such file or directory' @ fatal/cache-view.c/AcquireAuthenticCacheView/121)

The file exists, and is accessed over NFS, maybe that's the issue?

I found a fix to my issue : using 6.5.7-10 fixes everything and I don't have any problem with it, but I'd better use an updated version of course.
Maybe it's Rmagick that can't play nice with most recent versions of imagemagick, but it looks like an error from ImageMagick.

If you need any additional information, just ask!
Thanks for your help