Tests fail if IM 6.7.9-9 not installed (OS X)

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
nieder
Authentication code: 67789

Tests fail if IM 6.7.9-9 not installed (OS X)

Post by nieder »

EDIT: Just saw the http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advan ... lation.php and that "make install" must be run first. :(

I have built IM 6.7.9-9 on OS X 10.7 (for use by Fink), but tests (make check) fail if I don't first install IM to its final directory. Since I'm packaging IM for distribution, it breaks the workflow if the files have to first be installed to verify if they werebuilt properly. The tests should be able to find the dylibs and modules in the build directory (through some ENV like DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/tmp/prefix --enable-dependency-tracking --x-includes=/usr/X11/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib --disable-openmp --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-ltdl-install --enable-hdri --with-modules --with-frozenpaths --with-magick-plus-plus --without-perl --with-bzlib --with-x --without-autotrace --without-dps --with-djvu --without-fftw --without-gslib --with-gs-font-dir=/sw/share/ghostscript/fonts --without-gvc --with-jbig --with-jpeg --with-jp2 --with-lcms --without-lqr --with-lzma --with-openexr --without-pango --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp --without-wmf --with-xml
make -j8
make check
34 tests fail in total, and test-suite.log looks like this in part:

Code: Select all

Caught exception: appendImages: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `test_image_anim.miff' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/550
not ok
FAIL: Magick++/tests/tests.tap 1
Caught exception: attributes: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `#FFFF00000000' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/550
not ok
FAIL: Magick++/tests/tests.tap 2
Caught exception: averageImages: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `test_image_anim.miff' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/550
not ok
FAIL: Magick++/tests/tests.tap 3
If I first 'make install', then all 74 tests pass.