composite TIF to PNG prolbem in 6.6.8.9 verison

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
balmydrizzle
Authentication code: 6789

composite TIF to PNG prolbem in 6.6.8.9 verison

Post by balmydrizzle »

I issue 'composite -dissolve 100% -tile watermark.png source.TIF target.PNG' command where source.TIF is a B&W 1-depth image file and watermark.PNG has few light-grey text, say"data" on the graphic image. On ver.6.7.6, it did the job good. However, on newest 6.6.8.9 it will create a white hole with the "data" text outline shapes on the target.PNG. I find the work-around is converting TIF to PNG first using 'convert' command, then issue same compisite command on the converted PNG. Anyway, this is definitely a bug for ver.6.6.8.9. If you fix it, please send an email to me. Thanks!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: composite TIF to PNG prolbem in 6.6.8.9 verison

Post by fmw42 »

In order for the developers to check this out, they need to reproduce it. It could be a problem with your tiff file. Please upload your source images to some free hosting service such as dropbox.com and post the URLs here.