Tiff error

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
jburkehansen2
Authentication code: 1151

Tiff error

Post by jburkehansen2 »

Hi

This file throws an error end sets the error-level but still does the conversion, tried on various versions including latest.

https://digieyez-my.sharepoint.com/pers ... 54cf&rev=1

Anyone has a fix or workaround for this?. I looks like some bad metadata.

I tried to skip the metadata without any success to get around this

Here are sample output

magick Svendborg.tif magick_out.jpg
magick: Unknown field with tag 37680 (0x9330) encountered. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/905.
magick: Sanity check on directory count failed, zero tag directories not supported. `TIFFFetchDirectory' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/565.
magick: Failed to read custom directory at offset 25340760. `TIFFReadCustomDirectory' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/565.
magick: Unknown field with tag 37680 (0x9330) encountered. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/905.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Tiff error

Post by magick »

The 'magick' utility exits when it encounters an error exception. Its a security feature to help prevent possible exploits which are becoming more prominent with a noticable increase in nefarious images in the wild. You have two options, use 'convert' which is more forgiving when it encounters errors or repair the TIFF image so the TIFF delegate library does not throw errors. Note, TIFF warnings are safely ignored by the 'magick' utility.