How to check whether image is old styled jpeg compression mode or New styled JPEG compression ?

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
punith8626
Authentication code: 1151

How to check whether image is old styled jpeg compression mode or New styled JPEG compression ?

Post by punith8626 »

Hello,

I have a Tiff Image but when I try to convert to jpeg it says current Tiff file is old styled JPEG compression mode.
How can we check whether the image is old styled JPEG compression or new styled JPEG compression ?

Any Possibility ?
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: How to check whether image is old styled jpeg compression mode or New styled JPEG compression ?

Post by snibgo »

I think "identify -verbose" will also tell you.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Jason S
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: How to check whether image is old styled jpeg compression mode or New styled JPEG compression ?

Post by Jason S »

Other than the warning message, I see nothing in the "identify -verbose" output that tells you this. It says "Compression: JPEG" either way.

Outside of ImageMagick, you could use tiffinfo from libtiff ("Old-style JPEG" vs. "JPEG"), ExifTool ("JPEG (old-style)" vs. "JPEG"), or some versions of the Unix file command ("JPEG (old)" vs. "JPEG").

Note that a TIFF file can contain multiple images, each with a different compression method.