snibgo's ImageMagick pages

Announcements pertaining to ImageMagick, or ImageMagick related software. This list is moderated. No discussions here, instead post to the users group instead.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

snibgo's ImageMagick pages

Post by snibgo » 2014-04-19T17:20:11-07:00

I've written about 20 pages of hints, tips and techniques. Most are cookbooks of how to do various complex tasks. I've tried not to replicate the excellent works by Anthony and Fred, but inevitably there is some overlap.

The commands and scripts are Windows BAT, but should be (mostly) understandable by users of other languages.

Where are they? See my signature.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com

fmw42

Re: snibgo's ImageMagick pages

Post by fmw42 » 2014-04-19T17:25:36-07:00

Great! I think the Windows community will make good use of that. No problem with overlap with my work, since mine is restricted to unix bash shell scripting and yours is windows bat file scripting.

snibgo

Post by snibgo » 2014-08-22T13:53:33-07:00

I have added a page http://im.snibgo.com/customim.htm on customising IM with the "-process module" mechanism, to add new operations to IM in C using MagickCore. It is fairly simple, and works well.

I have written eight skeleton modules that do trivial jobs, but demonstrate the various mechanisms. And there are four modules that do something useful. I am rather pleased with mkhisto.c.

They are not yet perfect. See various cautions on the web page. In particular, I expect to change the error-handling, when I understand it.

If anything is unclear, or I have got something wrong, please let me know.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com

MusicalSaw

Post by MusicalSaw » 2017-02-22T14:29:10-07:00

I enjoyed your solutions to the four corners problem.

One other technique would be sweeping left to right and top down. The first white pixel you hit would be top left. Do the sweeps from different directions to find the other corners (eg to find the bottom right you would do a sweep right to left and bottom to top.
This would work fine for most orientations of the rectangle except when it was rotated a bit counterclockwise. But this could be detected by testing if the x-value of the bottom right corner was left of the x-value of the top left corner. If this is the case then you would have to swap the left and right corners for each other. - I think this would be the least expensive technique.

- Sorry I didn't include the IM code.