Hi,

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
inform

Hi,

Post by inform »

I have just installed ImageMagick and try to use MagcikWand,
have successfully compiled the first sample.

But wenn i try to test it - make a thumb from png, come an error:
no decode delegate for this image format

By tipping:

Code: Select all

identify -list format | grep PNG*
result:

Code: Select all

PAM* PNM       rw+   Common 2-dimensional bitmap format
      PBM* PNM       rw+   Portable bitmap format (black and white)
      PGM* PNM       rw+   Portable graymap format (gray scale)
      PNM* PNM       rw+   Portable anymap
      PPM* PNM       rw+   Portable pixmap format (color)
It looks like i haven't PNG support?
What i miss?
I'm on SuSE 10.1 64
magick
Site Admin

Re: Hi,

Post by magick »

ImageMagick relies on delegate libraries to support some image formats such as PNG. When your ImageMagick distribution was built, the PNG library or its headers were unavailable so PNG support was not included. If you are building ImageMagick yourself, make sure both the PNG libraries and headers are installed. Next type
  • cd ImageMagick-6.3.9
    ./configure
Read the output and make sure the PNG delegate library is detected. If not, see config.log to find out why and fix the problem and try configure again. Once its detected, simply build and install ImageMagick
  • make
    make install
You should now be able to read and write PNG images.
inform

Post by inform »

Yep, the headers :D

thanks a lot
inform

SVG?

Post by inform »

Hi,

here I have found that
SVG : Scalable Vector Graphics : Requires libxml2 and freetype-2. Note that SVG is a very complex specification so support is still not complete.
Can't i realy work with SVGs?
tsdineen

Post by tsdineen »

The statement is if you use the internal svg code. You can link in the librsvg product, which fixes most of the problems. The only problem with building this into ImageMagick is your build machine must have the minimum package installed for it to run. Even if you have the correct version in your lib path, configure only looks in the package database. If you get librsvg into ImageMagick, you will find much better svg support.
inform

Post by inform »

I need just to make a simple modification, such as to change the color for a given polygone.

As fas as I understand, I can use a C xml parser to do this and write directly into .svg file, and then, from command-line, convert from svg to png?
tsdineen wrote:The statement is if you use the internal svg code. You can link in the librsvg product, which fixes most of the problems. The only problem with building this into ImageMagick is your build machine must have the minimum package installed for it to run. Even if you have the correct version in your lib path, configure only looks in the package database. If you get librsvg into ImageMagick, you will find much better svg support.
tsdineen

Post by tsdineen »

If you just want to convert svg to png, then the rsvg tool does that and uses the librsvg with more svg functionality. They also, have rsvg-view to view svg files. I link in librsvg to ImageMagick, because I need more conversions than just that and want the maximum functionality.