Req. from the guys in the ImageMagick VB Group

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
brainlord

Req. from the guys in the ImageMagick VB Group

Post by brainlord »

referring to a thread the COM+ and VB group: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12121

We VB coders who want to redist IMObject need a prebuilt "COM Object Only" build of IM.

and it seems that creating that requires C++ and a bunch of knowledge about compiling that, quite frankly, we VB coders don't have. (really, I had no idea what that guy was talking about)

So I was wondering if one of you guys here in the C group would want to help us out here.
You should read the thread for the details but long story short: we need a stripped down build of IM that's just the COM DLL and just the support files that are required for it (whichever ones those are)

a list of what files are required for which functions would be good too (I, for instance, just need to read PICTs and write PNGs)

If I can't find someone to do this for the benefit of the community then I'll have to pay someone to do it just for my boss.

But either way I need to have this problem solved, I have an app to deliver.

AHA