Drawing Elliptic/Sinusoidal Text

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
javiersm

Drawing Elliptic/Sinusoidal Text

Post by javiersm »

Hi Everyone!

Please sorry my bad english, i'll try to explain my problem. I'm trying to make a text with a form like a Elliptic or Sinusoidal wave, does anybody knows how to achieve it?. My current approach is using a BarrelInverse distortion with the next arguments:

double d_args[8]= {-0.02,0.0,0.0,1.02,0.0,0.0,-0.5,1.9};

But I'm not happy at all with the result of it, have any more ideas? Thanks a lot.

Regards.
el_supremo

Re: Drawing Elliptic/Sinusoidal Text

Post by el_supremo »

A Shepard's distortion might do what you want if you can figure out the right arguments for it.
See the eighth (Shepard's) text effect in my MagickWand Examples in C which produces this text

Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
javiersm

Re: Drawing Elliptic/Sinusoidal Text

Post by javiersm »

Thanks a lot for your response.

I didn't set out correctly my problem. Having the focus on composing a text with a elliptic wave, I didn't mean to locate the text in the borders of the 'wave' but locate it composing the wave, I mean to 'inflate' the text with a elliptic form. Did you think I can achieve it with that distortion? If I can do it; Where I can found information about the arguments of the distortion methods?, Thanks a lot!

Best regards.