missing MagickWand.h on debian etch

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
cojones

missing MagickWand.h on debian etch

Post by cojones »

Hello,

I'm trying to install ImageMagick and get following error message:
checking for wand/MagickWand.h... no

Can't install RMagick 2.10.0. Can't find MagickWand.h.

Does anyone know how to get that MagickWand.h? Couldn't find a lib in apt-get...
magick
Site Admin

Re: missing MagickWand.h on debian etch

Post by magick »

Did you install the ImageMagick development RPM? Typically package maintainers only include the ImageMagick header files in the development RPM (e.g. ImageMagick-devel-6.5.4-2.i386.rpm).
cojones

Post by cojones »

No I didn't. I compiled and installed the sources. How can I install MagickWand afterwards?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

If you compile from source the headers are typically installed in /usr/local/include/ImageMagick.
cojones

Post by cojones »

Thank you for your help!

Strange... wasn't set. I created a link and found the missing MagickWand.h in /usr/local/include/ImageMagick/include/ImageMagick/wand

But it's the same error then before. How can I tell the gem install thing where the MagickWand.h is located?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

/usr/local/include/ImageMagick/include/ImageMagick/wand
The header files should be in /usr/local/include/ImageMagick/wand. We support Imagemagick. For questions about an RMagick install you will need to post to their forums or mailing lists.
cojones

Post by cojones »

Linking /usr/local/include/ImageMagick/wand to /usr/local/include/ImageMagick/include/ImageMagick/wand didn't help. I guess I have to ask on a RMagick forum. Thanks anyways!