Keyboard focus

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
manthony121

Keyboard focus

Post by manthony121 »

I need to be able to quickly step thru a number of image files on a CD-ROM. I have written a Perl script to keep track of the directory and file names, and to read the keyboard a single character at a time. When I call the PerlMagick Display(), a window pops up with the first picture, but my script looses its connection to the keyboard. I cannot read the keyboard again unless I close the Display() window. How can I maintain control of the keyboard when the Display() window is open?

I am not very experienced with programming in the X-windows environment. In all the documentation for ImageMagick and PerlMagick, I can't find anything that talks about keyboard interactions. My system is an Ubunutu 7.04. Any advice would be appreciated.
manthony121

Re: Keyboard focus

Post by manthony121 »

A little more detail: when the call to Display() is made, execution of the rest of the program does not continue until the window closes. I need a routine that will open a window, paint the picture, then return control to the caller. It seems that I might be able to change the existing Display() to behave that way, but I have yet to find where the source for it is. Any ideas?