Combine Satellite tile images into one large file

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
dpluigi
Authentication code: 8675308

Combine Satellite tile images into one large file

Post by dpluigi »

Hi,

I have downloaded satellite image from Google Map for my personal use. The satellite image was saved as combination of tiles. The tiles covering my area of interest were saved in directories labeled 000, 001, ... through 255. Each sub-directories contain 256x256 pixels images, each named sequentially 1x000000.jpg through 1x000255.jpg for subdirectory labelled 000; and 1x255064.jpg through 1x255255.jpg for subdirectory 255.

This represent a large amount of tiles that I would like to recombine into one large image composed of 256x256 images, each 256x256 pixels. I came across imagemagik and the included Perlmagickthat I installed on my Windows 7 using the 64bit (inc. dll libraries) binary ImageMagick-6.6.6-10-Q16-windows-x64-dll.exe .

The image files in each sub-directories have the exact same resolution. I saw the Montage command but wondered how can this command or a script using this command can scan over each folder in turn/sequentially in the right order. The order should be easily to follow since the naming convention would order the file appropriately.

I have very little experience with perl and new to imagemagik. I would appreciate if someone could suggest a script a method which process all the files contained in each folders and combine then into a large image.

I apologize in advance if there is a post answering my question but I did not find one using the search tool in the list.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and happy new year 2011.

Donat-Pierre

p.s.: This is a repeat post from a post I was advised to submit in this forum - see: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17782&p=67265#p67265 . I am not sure how my post can be moved here, so I reposted with minor edit.