Text Printing Error

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
Jalex
Authentication code: 8675308

Text Printing Error

Post by Jalex »

Hi
I am a Visual Basic 6 User and have using the old IM 4 and I have upgraded to IM 6 . I am trying out all the new stuff that has been added and really like it but am having a few problems.
Problem 1:
S$ = App.Path + "\Imag\IM6\convert -background lightblue -fill blue -font Candice -size 320x140 caption:'This text is resized to best fit the space given.' " + App.Path + "\Temp\Caption.gif"

Rem Print multiple lines of text and fit to paper size.

Form1.Caption = S$
REM Above is just where I print the code to see it is written correctly as it being sent to the shell command and what I see here is exactly the way Anthony wrote it on his web page.

pid = Shell(S$, 0)

Above is exactly how I have it written it in my program. As you can see it's called through the Shell command in VB6.
I can type this same command into the dos window with the same results.
This is what I get. ( 'This ) It is not reading the ( ' ) Character at all and assumes it's done at the first space it comes to. Just like if you typed
( label:'This )

This code is unchanged from Anthony's Text Example page.

This problem Stops any code that uses the ( ' ) separator from working correctly.
Am I using the wrong Character or what?
Jalex

Re: Text Printing Error

Post by Jalex »

OK
I found some more of Anthony's Examples on the problem.
He said to put a backslash next to the quotes
I tried that and it doesn't see them either.
He said also to try to put the text in a file and that didn't work
This time it printed the whole directory and not what was in the file.
It may have something to do with the VB App.path function, I really don't know.

I still haven't gotten it to work right.
Jalex

Re: Text Printing Error

Post by Jalex »

HI
I finally got it. The regular double quotes worked after got them in the right place.