FONT stretch issue - correct syntax ?

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
psychospiller

FONT stretch issue - correct syntax ?

Post by psychospiller »

I am trying to use a font to add text to an image and have it appear in expanded or ultra-expanded style but I dont seem to be able to work out the correct syntax, I am trying the following :

Code: Select all

msgs = img.mogrify("-draw", "text 0,5 'My Text Here'", "-font", "Arial", "-pointsize", "20", "-stretch", "expanded", "-gravity", "north", "output.jpg")
the stretch parameter doesnt seem to make any difference and I dont understand if its due to the Arial font I am using or whether I need to modify the type.xml config file somehow, or maye my syntax is incorrect. Can anyone suggest how this works as I couldn't find any examples of the stretch feature in the help files, Thanks.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: FONT stretch issue - correct syntax ?

Post by anthony »

-font stretch is part of font selection. If the font is TTF (like arial) font strech does nothing as it's stretch is fixed. I believe it is more for X window scaling fonts, though I could be wrong about that.

basically it just does not appear to get used by anyone. Same goes for a lot of other font attribute settings.

If you can tell me any differently please let me know.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/