[Suggestion] Free Image Hosting for This Forum

Post here to shower the ImageMagick developers with praise or discuss how you could have done a better job if you developed ImageMagick. Or talk about how Photoshop is better than ImageMagick. Even complain about how no one answered your postings in the Users forum. Venting and musings welcomed here.
RyanBram
Authentication code: 6789

[Suggestion] Free Image Hosting for This Forum

Post by RyanBram »

As an image related forum, it's really sad that sometimes an user reluctants to post his image though it will help another users to help his problem.
Sometimes I think it's because there are no simple method to post an image to this forum, therefore the user should go to image hosting website, logging in, uploading, naming, copying and pasting the url to the forum which takes a lot of time.

How if this forum provide a simple way for its users to upload their image. I suggest this website.

Recently, I am always use the hosting that I mentioned above manually to provide sample image for this forum. It's really fast as it require no registration and the result will be accompanied with image code to be posted to forum, blog, or website without manually write the code myself.

I am not spamming as I have no relation with the website. It is just a small information as a very little contribution from me as an user who find this forum really useful to solve my problem.

Regards.
Last edited by RyanBram on 2014-02-11T01:29:24-07:00, edited 3 times in total.
CPU: Intel Core i3 2350M @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
IM Version: 6.8.3-8 2013-03-04 Q16
Features: DPC OpenMP
Delegates: bzlib fontconfig freetype jng jp2 jpeg lcms lzma pango png ps tiff x xml zlib
Bonzo

Re: [Suggestion] Free Image Hosting for This Forum

Post by Bonzo »

I would think this forum could accept images - I could not check the phpbb website as it was to busy! It would just be a matter of changing an option.
There is one problem and that is images can start to take up space very quickly.
But I also think it would be easier to put images directly onto the forum.
RyanBram

Post by RyanBram »

Bonzo wrote:There is one problem and that is images can start to take up space very quickly.
That's why I suggested to use third party website as image hosting and integrate it to the forum. The users can put images directly onto the forum, but the image itself wouldn't take up space as it was stored inside third party website.

May you re-consider my suggestion and looking the website that I mentioned more deeply? Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards.
CPU: Intel Core i3 2350M @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
IM Version: 6.8.3-8 2013-03-04 Q16
Features: DPC OpenMP
Delegates: bzlib fontconfig freetype jng jp2 jpeg lcms lzma pango png ps tiff x xml zlib
mrmattnc

Post by mrmattnc »

I have been considering writing a google chrome or firefox extension to alleviate this exact problem here and on another site I use. I'm prepping for an international trip at the moment, but it could be something worth investigating if people are interested.