Support for Layer Masks in TIFF/PSD

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
blue-j

Support for Layer Masks in TIFF/PSD

Post by blue-j »

We'd like to fund the support of layers and layer masks in TIFF format, with PSD being a desirable footnote. We understand this is not a trivial request! But we are highly motivated. Is anyone interested in taking this on? I understand this may involve efforts for layer support in general as well.

- J
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Support for Layer Masks in TIFF/PSD

Post by dlemstra »

When you are talking about adding support for layers in TIFF are you talking about reading the information from the tiff tag 37724 (Photoshop) as discussed in this topic here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26785? I am planning to take a look at this but I don't have that much time available at this moment.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
blue-j

Post by blue-j »

Hi dlemstra, I'd be happy to fund your time. Feel free to contact me privately to discuss further if you'd like! We have other things we'd like to develop and release and are hoping to evolve a lasting relationship with someone close to the code. Thank you!! : )
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Post by dlemstra »

I just committed a patch to the TIFF and PSD reader, support for reading Photoshop layers in TIFF files and user supplied layer masks in PSD/TIFF files will be available in ImageMagick 6.9.1-4
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate