Com object on Windows 10 gives an error

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
LotusE
Authentication code: 6789

Com object on Windows 10 gives an error

Post by LotusE »

Hi everybody,

I installed the x64 binary (version 6.9.2.5 of Imagemagick) a couple of weeks ago and chose to register the imagemagick dll's on my new windows 10 pc.

When I use the Imagemagick com object from my software, I get a COM error 80020009. This is one of the commands I pass:

$nres = $oimg.convert("-colorspace","sRGB", "-size", "2670x3060","-density", "92", "xc:white", $ctempfile)

When I use my software on a Windows 7 or 8 computer also with the Imagemagick Com object, I don't get any errors. So it appears to be related to Windows 10.

I already installed the Visual Studio 2013 C++ redistributable (X86 and X64) on my computer + restarted it, but I still get errors.

At the same time, I noticed that space on my harddisk was running empty. I found that for each COM error, imagemagick (I think?) creates a file in C:\users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Temp , causing the harddisk to run full.

I don't know what to do next, does anyone have any idea why I get the COM error on Windows 10? Or an idea in which direction I have to start looking?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kind regards

Steve