While installing ImageMagick, is it possible to pass a different GLIBC library path to look for.

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
ashishc
Authentication code: 1151

While installing ImageMagick, is it possible to pass a different GLIBC library path to look for.

Post by ashishc »

Hi All,

ImagaMagick version : 6.9.2.7
Rhel version : 6.4

GLIBC installed on rhel by default is of version 2.12.
While installing ImageMagick, it showing dependency on GLIBC 2.14 and GLIBC 2.17. I have installed both GLIBC 2.14 and GLIBC 2.17 at different paths from source compilation. The problem I am facing how to use new installed GLIBC while installing ImageMagick using rpm. Is there a way I can pass the path to newly installed GLIBC directory.
I tried adding path of newly installed GLIBC directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH but its not working, giving mismatch error between libc.so.6 and ld-linux-x86_64.so.2.
Also I tried copying the libraries from newly installed path of GLIBC-2.17 to /lib64 but that way linux is getting crashed..

Any suggestions how can I pass path to newly installed GLIBC lib directory while installing through ImageMagick rpm.

Does ImageMagick 6.9.2.7 supports GLIBC 2.12(RHEL 6.4) or not?