No TIFF or PNG when compiling for OSX

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
jansuhr
Authentication code: 1151

No TIFF or PNG when compiling for OSX

Post by jansuhr »

I'm trying to compile an IM with --disable-installed. I have followed this post, viewtopic.php?t=29261#p130847 and made a shellscript were I added the delegates for zlib and tiff to the shellscript that was posted in that thread.

The shellscript runs trough and creates a folder with IM in it. My problem is that PNG and TIFF doesn't work in this setup. JPEG and Zlib is there and I can open Jpegs, psd and eps and do what ever I like. But TIFF or PNGs can't open.

Since JPEG and ZLIB delegates work I assume that the shellscript is OK, running bin/convert -list configure | grep -i "delegates" shows that this installation has: DELEGATES mpeg jpeg ps

I have tried with both 6.9.5 and 7.0.2, same problem.

If I run each delegate individually and after "make" do a "make check" everything is OK, no errors.

My shellscript looks like this:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/env bash
MYPATH=$PATH
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin
cd ~/Desktop
mkdir ImageMagick-Final
tar xvzf ImageMagick-6.9.5-5.tar.gz
cd ImageMagick-6.9.5-5
tar xvzf ~/Desktop/jpegsrc.v9a.tar.gz
mv jpeg-9a jpeg
tar xvzf ~/Desktop/libpng-1.6.21.tar.gz
mv libpng-1.6.21 png
tar xvzf ~/Desktop/tiff-4.0.4.tar.gz
mv tiff-4.0.4 tiff
tar xvzf ~/Desktop/zlib-1.2.8.tar.gz
mv zlib-1.2.8 zlib
cd zlib
./configure --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix="/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib" 
make clean;make
make install
cd ../png
./configure --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix="/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png" 
make clean;make
make install
cd ../jpeg
./configure --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix="/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg" 
make clean;make
make install
cd ../tiff
./configure --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix="/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff" 
make clean;make
make install

cd ../
./configure --disable-installed --disable-shared --enable-delegate-build --disable-dependency-tracking --with-x=no --without-perl --with-freetype=no --with-jp2=no --with-magick-plus-plus=no --without-frozenpaths --with-bzlib=no --with-png=yes --with-jpeg=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-zlib=yes --prefix=/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-Final LDFLAGS="-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib" CPPFLAGS='-I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include' 
make clean;make
make install
echo ""
echo $PATH
export PATH=$MYPATH
echo ""
echo $PATH

Thanks

Jan
jansuhr

Re: No TIFF or PNG when compiling for OSX

Post by jansuhr »

I found this in Terminal after I ran the shellscript:

==============================================================================
ImageMagick is configured as follows. Please verify that this configuration
matches your expectations.

Host system type: x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0
  Build system type: x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0

Option                        Value
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Shared libraries  --enable-shared=no		no
  Static libraries  --enable-static=yes		yes
  Module support    --with-modules=no		no
  GNU ld            --with-gnu-ld=no		no
  Quantum depth     --with-quantum-depth=16	16
  High Dynamic Range Imagery
                    --enable-hdri=no		no

Install documentation:			yes

Delegate Library Configuration:
  BZLIB             --with-bzlib=no		no
  Autotrace         --with-autotrace=no		no
  DJVU              --with-djvu=yes		no
  DPS               --with-dps=yes		no
  FFTW              --with-fftw=yes		no
  FLIF              --with-flif=yes		no
  FlashPIX          --with-fpx=yes		no
  FontConfig        --with-fontconfig=yes	no
  FreeType          --with-freetype=no		no
  Ghostscript lib   --with-gslib=no		no
  Graphviz          --with-gvc=yes		no
  JBIG              --with-jbig=yes		no
  JPEG v1           --with-jpeg=yes		yes
  LCMS              --with-lcms=yes		no
  LQR               --with-lqr=yes		no
  LTDL              --with-ltdl=yes		no
  LZMA              --with-lzma=yes		no
  Magick++          --with-magick-plus-plus=no	no
  OpenEXR           --with-openexr=yes		no
  OpenJP2           --with-openjp2=yes		no
  PANGO             --with-pango=yes		no
  PERL              --with-perl=no		no
  PNG               --with-png=yes		no
  RAQM              --with-raqm=yes		no
  RSVG              --with-rsvg=no		no
  TIFF              --with-tiff=yes		no (failed tests)
  WEBP              --with-webp=yes		no
  WMF               --with-wmf=yes		no
  X11               --with-x=no			no
  XML               --with-xml=yes		no
  ZLIB              --with-zlib=yes		no

Delegate Program Configuration:
  GhostPCL          None				pcl6 (unknown)
  GhostXPS          None				gxps (unknown)
  Ghostscript       None				gs (9.16)

Font Configuration:
  Apple fonts       --with-apple-font-dir=default	
  Dejavu fonts      --with-dejavu-font-dir=default	none
  Ghostscript fonts --with-gs-font-dir=default	/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fontsx/
  Windows fonts     --with-windows-font-dir=default	none

X11 Configuration:
        X_CFLAGS        = 
        X_PRE_LIBS      = 
        X_LIBS          = 
        X_EXTRA_LIBS    = 

Options used to compile and link:
    PREFIX          = /Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-Final6.9
    EXEC-PREFIX     = /Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-Final6.9
    VERSION         = 6.9.5
    CC              = gcc
    CFLAGS          =   -g -O2 -Wall -mtune=core-avx-i -fexceptions -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16
    CPPFLAGS        =  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib
    PCFLAGS         = 
    DEFS            = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
    LDFLAGS         = -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib
    LIBS            = 
    CXX             = g++
    CXXFLAGS        = -g -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread
    FEATURES        = DPC Cipher
    DELEGATES       = mpeg jpeg ps
==============================================================================
Tiff failed some test, nothing about the PNG, just that it isn't part of it. It also says that ZLIB is on "no"

Jan
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

config.log will contain more detail about the problems with PNG and TIFF.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

This is the only part I find that says something about any problems with the TIFF in config.log

| char TIFFReadRGBAStrip ();
| return TIFFReadRGBAStrip ();
configure:33908: checking if TIFF package is complete
configure:33995: gcc -c   -g -O2 -Wall -mtune=core-avx-i -fexceptions -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib conftest.c >&5
configure:33995: gcc -E  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib conftest.c
configure:34028: gcc -o conftest   -g -O2 -Wall -mtune=core-avx-i -fexceptions -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib conftest.c -lwebp  -ljpeg  -lm    >&5
configure:34124: gcc -c   -g -O2 -Wall -mtune=core-avx-i -fexceptions -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib conftest.c >&5
    TIFF              --with-tiff=yes		no (failed tests)
    CPPFLAGS        =  -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib
    LDFLAGS         = -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value='-I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include'
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value='-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib'
ac_cv_header_tiff_h=yes
ac_cv_header_tiffio_h=yes
ac_cv_lib_tiff_TIFFClientOpen=no
ac_cv_lib_tiff_TIFFIsByteSwapped=no
ac_cv_lib_tiff_TIFFOpen=no
ac_cv_lib_tiff_TIFFReadRGBAStrip=no
ac_cv_lib_tiff_TIFFReadRGBATile=no
CONFIGURE_ARGS='./configure  '\''--disable-installed'\'' '\''--disable-shared'\'' '\''--enable-delegate-build'\'' '\''--disable-dependency-tracking'\'' '\''--with-x=no'\'' '\''--without-perl'\'' '\''--with-freetype=no'\'' '\''--with-jp2=no'\'' '\''--with-magick-plus-plus=no'\'' '\''--without-frozenpaths'\'' '\''--with-bzlib=no'\'' '\''--with-png=yes'\'' '\''--with-jpeg=yes'\'' '\''--with-tiff=yes'\'' '\''--with-zlib=yes'\'' '\''--prefix=/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-Final6.9'\'' '\''LDFLAGS=-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib'\'' '\''CPPFLAGS=-I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include'\'''
CPPFLAGS=' -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib'
DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS=''\''CPPFLAGS=-I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/include -I/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/include'\'' '\''LDFLAGS=-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib'\''  --disable-deprecated  --disable-installed  --with-quantum-depth=16  --with-jemalloc=no  --with-umem=no  --with-bzlib=no  --with-autotrace=no  --with-freetype=no  --with-gslib=no  --with-fontpath=  --with-rsvg=no  --with-perl=no '
LDFLAGS='-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib'
MAGICK_LDFLAGS='-L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-Final6.9/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib/ -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/lib -lpng16 -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/lib -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/jpeg -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/magick -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/png -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/tiff/libtiff -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand/.libs -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/wand -L/Users/myuser/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.9.5-5/zlib'
TIFF_DELEGATE_FALSE=''
TIFF_DELEGATE_TRUE='#'
TIFF_LIBS=''

jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

It seem that I could fix it by just copying the missing files over to my installation. TIFF and PNG now opens and converts to other formats.

How ever when running bin/convert -list configure | grep -i "delegates" it doesn't show TIFF or PNG, I guess that is some lines in an XML-file that needs some correction.

Thanks

Jan
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

If you compile IM from source, you need to compile each delegate that you need from source before installing IM. And they must be installed in the same place as IM. See http://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/

What is your OS?

If Mac, then see the way I do it with MacPorts at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21502&p=88202&hilit ... rts#p88202
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

Yes I have followed that procedure to the point. But it still doesn't compile TIFF and PNG. I'm on Mac and I need a standalone installation that is going to be embedded in an application.

Thanks

Jan
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Sorry I do not know how to make a standalone version.
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

It should be standalone if you use -disable-installation. But it will not be like for Windows were you get a 17Mb Convert.exe. On Mac you will still get the whole folder structure but it is local with internal links rather than looking for libraries in /opt/local/lib

I found this page that explains how to get PNG in to the build when compiling on Mac:
http://www.gctv.ne.jp/~yokota/magick/

Jan
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

Well I have now tried wha tis described on this page http://www.gctv.ne.jp/~yokota/magick/ but I still don't get any PNG libraries to be installed.

When I come to the point of make ImageMagick and I check if the PNG has been included I get:

PNG               --with-png=yes		no
So it is not part of the installation. Why is it completely impossible to get PNG to compile for Mac??????

Jan
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

I would hope the answer is in config.log. For example, mine (with Cygwin on Windows 8.1) contains these lines:

configure:33233: result: -------------------------------------------------------------
configure:33237: checking for PNG
configure:33244: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libpng >= 1.0.0"
configure:33247: $? = 0
configure:33261: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libpng >= 1.0.0"
configure:33264: $? = 0
configure:33302: result: yes
configure:33306: result: 
configure:33351: result: -------------------------------------------------------------
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

In my case it just says:
Checking for PNG
result: no

Jan
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

Sorry double post
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Just guessing but perhaps you need pckconfig installed to get png installed. I think you also need zlib installed to get png installed.
jansuhr

Post by jansuhr »

The page I refer to, http://www.gctv.ne.jp/~yokota/magick/ do a pkgconfig installation together with png.

I have also tried with zlib and it installs together with jpeg, but png fails and so does tiff.