Watermarking help

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
iampercival88
Authentication code: 1151

Watermarking help

Post by iampercival88 »

Hello!
We currently are developing a script for applying a watermark onto images of various sizes. We have been using the COMPOSITE imagemagick command but unfortunately are not getting our desired result- since we are using various sized photos but only one size watermark icon, the watermark is coming out either super large across a photo, or incredibly small and unreadable.

We are wondering if there is a way with imagemagick to create the watermark icon with a certain size ratio to the image its going on, so that it is proportionally consistent across all our photo sizes?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Watermarking help

Post by snibgo »

You can create your watermark at the maximum size you need. For each photo, "-resize" the watermark as required.

I would always use the "convert" or "magick" command, not "composite",

If you need more help, please say what version of IM you use, on what platform, and what your command is currently.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Watermarking help

Post by fmw42 »

I have moved this topic to the Users forum, since it was not directly related to any one of my scripts.