Convert list.txt to Individual image!!

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Cauptain
Authentication code: 1151

Convert list.txt to Individual image!!

Post by Cauptain »

Hi all,

I have a txt list with names and wanted to convert to individual images with 2 lines max trim in PNG format.

My txt list have 1000 lines like us:

After Burner
BC Racers
Blackthorne
Brutal Unleashed: Above the Claw
Cosmic Carnage
DarXide
Doom
FIFA Soccer 96
Golf Magazine: 36 Great Holes

I need process all list make size 400 x Anything like images below (font, color, shadow, arch, any effect...):

How to do this?

Thanks

PS: I use ImageMagick-7.0.6-5 on Windows 10.

Claudio
GeeMack

Re: Convert list.txt to Individual image!!

Post by GeeMack »

Cauptain wrote: 2017-08-05T03:28:24-07:00I need process all list make size 400 x Anything like images below (font, color, shadow, arch, any effect...):
First, it's a simple matter for ImageMagick to read a list of labels from a text file, but to do something different with each line might require looping through the list using the "for" feature in your particular command shell or script.

Maybe more importantly, although ImageMagick can be used to create the kinds of text effects in your samples, each one could be a somewhat complicated command on its own. To be practical about doing something like this you'd probably need to create a number of separate scripts, each producing a particular text effect. Then you'd take the individual labels from your text file using a "for" loop, and apply the individual effects maybe by using a nested "for" loop.

ImageMagick doesn't really have pre-packaged text effects, but it can be used to do everything you've shown in your example images. For anyone who isn't an advanced user, it might be pretty daunting to build some of the commands and scripts to do that. There are a few very experienced users who frequent these forums, and some of them have written a large body of scripts to do a wide variety of tasks. Maybe they'll weigh in here and point you to some tools to make it easier.
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

The question is very wide-ranging. See http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/text/ for the basics of turning images into text.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Also see http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/fonts/ for various text effects.
Cauptain

Post by Cauptain »

Thank you GeeMack, snibgo and fmw42 for all infos and tips.

I will read all links

Claudio
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

If you use Windows 10 unix, you can try my scripts, texteffect, texteffect2 and 3Dtext, at my link below.
ozbigben
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by ozbigben »

You could also create a spreadsheet to generate the batch file for you. Put your filenames in one column and IM options in another and the use a concatenate calculation to create the full command. If you wanted to cycle through a number of styles for example you could auto-fill a column with alternating sets of options. Then just select the column with the full command and copy it to a text file (... or split it up into 4-6 batch files and run them all at once)