Can you help me switch back the original delegate?

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
yhuynh
Authentication code: 1152

Can you help me switch back the original delegate?

Post by yhuynh »

Hello
a time ago
I installed imagemagick on Debian8, then i installed Inkscape, thus changing the delegate in xml file.
However, I would like to know how to switch back to the original delegate RSVP I think?

Here is the current line :
<delegate decode="svg:decode" stealth="True" command="&quot;inkscape&quot; &quot;%s&quot; --export-eps=&quot;%s&quot; --export-dpi=&quot;%s&quot; --export-background=&quot;%s&quot; --export-background-opacity=&quot;%s&quot; &gt; &quot;%s&quot; 2&gt;&amp;1"/>

thanks in advance !
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Can you help me switch back the original delegate?

Post by snibgo »

The situation for Windows is: if Inkscape is on the system path, IM will use it as the SVG delegate. So if you don't want to use Inkscape as the delegate, remove it from the path.

I'm fairly sure the same is true for flavours of Unix, but you will need to check.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
yhuynh
Authentication code: 1152

Post by yhuynh »

what about uninstalling inkscape?

sudo apt-get remove inkscape

i wonder if removing inkscape will leave imagemagick functional...
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

Yes. If you uninstall Inkscape then it won't be on the system path and IM won't try to use it.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com