please help me

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
danhsmile043
Authentication code: 1152

please help me

Post by danhsmile043 »

I'm aware that I can use "+dither -colors x" and get an image with x colors that is as close to the original image's colors as possible. But I can't, for example, use "-ordered-dither o8x8 -colors x" and achieve the same effects. It appears to me that "-ordered-dither" use 'posterized' color maps, and does not take account in the original image's palette, and while I can change the posterize level, I can't create an ordered dither that picks colors based on the current image contents.

If there's any way to achieve my goal please tell me, that would be extremely helpful.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: please help me

Post by fmw42 »

Please always provide your ImageMagick version and platform/OS when asking questions. Also please try to make your question relevant to the topic and not just "please help me".

Best I can suggest is http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/quanti ... one_offset
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: please help me

Post by snibgo »

danhsmile043 wrote:If there's any way to achieve my goal please tell me, that would be extremely helpful.
Can you link to any examples of input images and dithered results?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com