Orient & auto-orient runs but only works in certain case

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
likwidoxigen

Orient & auto-orient runs but only works in certain case

Post by likwidoxigen »

Image Magick 6.2.8

This only effects convert not mogrify.

Code: Select all

convert -auto-orient 12-28-06* test
Will not orient images at all as long as there is a wild card character in there however mogrify will work.

Also forcing any image orientation fails

Code: Select all

mogrify -orient left-bottom DSC_0096.jpg
This command processes and runs and re-outputs the image, however nothing happens.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Auto orientation only works if the image has an EXIF profile and the orientation is set. The orient option sets the orientation but does not actually reorient the image to match. If you still feel there is a problem post a URL to a set of images and the command you used so we can download them and reproduce the problem.
likwidoxigen

Post by likwidoxigen »

magick wrote: Auto orientation only works if the image has an EXIF profile and the orientation is set. The orient option sets the orientation but does not actually reorient the image to match. If you still feel there is a problem post a URL to a set of images and the command you used so we can download them and reproduce the problem.

Yes i know, it wouldn't work with mogrify if there were no exif data.

I've done more testing and the problem is that it seems to hang on to the orientation of the first one. For instance if the first image in the *.JPG sequence that gets picked up is oriented incorrectly it will do that image then stop if the next one is oriented correctly. I can send you files and scripts to show you what i mean.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Post a URL to your images and script to illustrate the problem, or send us a private message.
likwidoxigen

Post by likwidoxigen »

magick wrote: Post a URL to your images and script to illustrate the problem, or send us a private message.

First example, there's a readme in there with a bash script that run the convert command.
http://scripts.and-a-half.com/IMError1.zip
Second example, same deal, bash script and readme.
http://scripts.and-a-half.com/IMError2.zip

And i have it set up so that the directory listing is available http://www.scripts.and-a-half.com
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We can reproduce the problem you posted. We have patched ImageMagick 6.3.1-6 Beta to fix the problem. It will be available by tommorrow. Thanks.
likwidoxigen

Post by likwidoxigen »

magick wrote: We can reproduce the problem you posted. We have patched ImageMagick 6.3.1-6 Beta to fix the problem. It will be available by tommorrow. Thanks.

You guys F*in rock. Thank you so much!