Magick++ image::extent() - not working?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Bunkai

Magick++ image::extent() - not working?

Post by Bunkai »

Hello,

could I kindly ask anybody, to confirm that Magick++ image::extent() method really increases the canvas(image) size?

In my case I saw no result after applying the same widh of geometry as the image widht is, and I applied various sizes to geometry geight. But still, I received absolutely no results.

image::extent() was introduced with Image Magick 6.3.2, that is already in its final release configuration.

Thank you,
with regards,
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The problem you reported is fixed in ImageMagick 6.2.0-1 Beta available at ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/beta sometime tommorrow.
Bunkai

Post by Bunkai »

Thank you very much,

however, is it possible that I am doing something wrong? Magick++ Image::Resize() did not do any results as well. This is what I do.

// Image::Resize() example
Magick::Image imageMyImage;
imageMyImage.read("F-16.jpg");
Magick::Geometry geometryExtend(1024, 2000, 0, 0);
imageMyImage.resize(geometryExtend);
imageMyImage.write("test.jpg");

// Image::Extent() example
Magick::Image imageMyImage;
imageMyImage.read("F-16.jpg");
Magick::Geometry geometryExtend(1024, 2000, 0, 0);
imageMyImage.extent(geometryExtend);
imageMyImage.write("test.jpg");

F-16.jpg is a standard .JPG picture of 1024x768 resolution. In both cases the image that was written back to HDD was of the same resolution.

Thank you and with regards,
Rene.