disable logging to Win32::EventLog

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The excessive logging has been removed from recent versions of ImageMagick. Try the latest release, ImageMagick 6.2.6-7, and the problem should go away.
Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I have installed ImageMagick-6.3.2-1-Q8-windows-dll.exe, and I still get excessive logging. Is there a way to turn off logging?
rmabry

Post by rmabry »

Jonas wrote: I have installed ImageMagick-6.3.2-1-Q8-windows-dll.exe, and I still get excessive logging. Is there a way to turn off logging?

Just wondering, is it possible you still have the older PerlMagick with that? I'm not sure what your setup might be like, but I have once or twice built a new version of the ImageMagick core but forgot to rebuild Perlmagick. It still worked (sort of) and it took me a while to realize what had happened.

Actually, I do not see anything in the PerlMagick folder that indicates what version of ImageMagick it "belongs" with. Is there a way to query that? Is there a way to be "strict" and generate a warning if two incompatible versions are used?

Rick
Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I am not using PerlMagick. I am using the Wand C++ library.