Problem With Borland Linker

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The linker error you are getting is pretty common and has to do with Borland rather than ImageMagick. There is plenty of advice to be read with Google. One fellow says
I have not tried this myself, but your problem is exactly what the compiler is reporting. The libraries shipped with Pro*C are Microsoft Visual C++-compatible. They are in COFF format. Borland's libraries are in OMF format. You need to use Borland's IMPLIB utility to generate your own Borland-compatible import library.
ptast

Post by ptast »

Yep, I exec from the console
coff2omf -lib:ms CORE_RL_magick_.lib CORE_RL_magick_bc.lib

and link the CORE_RL_magick_bc.lib to my project.
terror

Post by terror »

thanks for the help it works for me too..
now i can use magickwand but I can't use magick++. i get a lot of linker errors about missing function definition.. for example Image() ~Image() etc. can anyone help me pls?
stikhs

Post by stikhs »

Hi!I executed the above command in command prompt and i did convert CORE_RL_Magick++_.lib to a new one CORE_RL_Magick++_omf_.lib but i still get the same linker error message:
[Linker Error] 'D:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\IVUS\CORE_RL_MAGICK++_.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)
What should I do?Anyone can help?