How to install/use MagickWand (on Kubuntu)

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
MiDU

How to install/use MagickWand (on Kubuntu)

Post by MiDU »

Hello everybody,

First of all, I'm french, and my english skill is really low, so please excuse my bad expression.

I'm trying to use ImageMagick to load pictures and modify them, I saw that for use ImageMagick with C I had to use MagickWand.

By reading the first tutorial I see that the compilation line is

Code: Select all

gcc `Wand-config --cflags --cppflags` my_file_name.c `Wand-config --ldflags --libs`
But when I try to compile, it displays that to me :

bash: Wand-config : unknown command
bash: Wand-config : unknown command
test.c:3:29: error: wand/MagickWand.h: No such file or directory
I thought that by installing ImageMagick I installed MagickWand, but it seems not to be the case.
I tryed to verify if ImageMagick was installed, and when I type convert -version it returns me

Version: ImageMagick 6.2.4 11/01/06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2005 ImageMagick Studio LLC
So I suppose that it's ok.

But now I don't know how to install MagickWand, the only doc I found on google is for MagickWand for PHP.

I hope I was understandable :p

Regards,

MiDU

edit : By reading the makefile I didn't find either any info about MagickWand.
magick
Site Admin

Re: How to install/use MagickWand (on Kubuntu)

Post by magick »

MagickWand is available in ImageMagick 6.2.4. Look for libWand.so on your system. If you can't find it, its possible its available as a separate RPM install. If all else fails, you can always download the source and build/install it yourself.
MiDU

Re: How to install/use MagickWand (on Kubuntu)

Post by MiDU »

Ok thanks it works. I reinstalled ImageMagick by building it by myself (not using apt-get) and everythings seems ok.