Using magick++ from a directory (without make install)

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
goalieca

Using magick++ from a directory (without make install)

Post by goalieca »

I need to use magick++ for some medical imaging research unfortunately i do not have permissions to install it. I have compiled it myself but the libraries remain sitting inside the build directory.

I have successfully compiled my programs that require it, i add to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as needed. The programs give an error whenever i want to write a png file (or bmp, jpeg, tiff, etc.). It complains that there is no encode delegate found and that is all.

I did some googling and have tried to set the MAGICK_HOME variable without success. During compile of the libmagick it did show png support enabled. I cannot figure what else may be the problem.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Using magick++ from a directory (without make install)

Post by magick »

Add --disable-installed to your configure command line and rebuild ImageMagick. It will then respect the MAGICK_HOME environment variable. Try
  • cd ImageMagick-6.3.4
    export DESTDIR=/home/whoami
    export MAGICK_HOME=/home/whoami/ImageMagick-6.3.4
    ./configure --disable-installed -disable-shared --without-frozenpaths --prefix=/ImageMagick-6.3.4
    make
    make install
    make install-data
Substitute a path on your system for DESTDIR.
goalieca

Re: Using magick++ from a directory (without make install)

Post by goalieca »

Thanks. I managed to get it installed and working.