IM6.3.4 Q16 - Erroneous Multipage TIF to GIF Conversion

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
eakolb

IM6.3.4 Q16 - Erroneous Multipage TIF to GIF Conversion

Post by eakolb »

I'm working on a CFC component that encapsulates a lot of ImageMagick functionality for the devs on my team. One of my test cases - processing a TIF with multiple pages into a GIF - yields bizarre results.

Here's the expected results from a slightly different test case (to PNG):

Code: Select all

Calling ImageMagick engine at 04:28:42.9...
Executing ImageMagick engine at 04:28:42.9...
ARGS: D:\link\docroot\eric\orig.tif -type Grayscale D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2.png
Completing ImageMagick engine at 04:28:48.24...
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-1.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00001.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-2.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00002.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-3.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00003.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-4.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00004.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-5.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00005.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-6.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00006.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-7.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00007.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-8.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00008.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-9.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00009.png
Moving batch file D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-10.png to D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-PNG-2-00010.png
Cleaning up scratch at 04:28:48.133...
Converting to JPG works the same.

Here's the results from the bizarre case (to GIF):

Code: Select all

Calling ImageMagick engine at 04:28:53.554...
Executing ImageMagick engine at 04:28:53.554...
ARGS: D:\link\docroot\eric\orig.tif -type Grayscale D:\link\docroot\eric\results\TIF-MP-to-GIF-2.gif
Completing ImageMagick engine at 04:29:44.543...
Cleaning up scratch at 04:29:44.558...
As you can see, it's dumped everything into a single file instead of breaking it apart. The GIMP confirms that the resultant TIF-MP-to-GIF-2.gif is an RGB-alpha file. Unless I've taken up permanent residence in Crazy Town, that's not even a GIF at all.

Any input?