ImageMagick bug - "WBMP convert" works only in one way

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
graf_zaroff

ImageMagick bug - "WBMP convert" works only in one way

Post by graf_zaroff »

I tried to use ImageMagick.org utility to convert SVG vector data into WBMP format.
After about a week of experimenting I find out that convert works only in one way: from WBMP to other formats.
But all attempts to convert something to WBMP failed - produced file contains nothing but corrupted data, usually several black lines over background.
Pls take a look at attached samples: http://www.atianimation.info/tests.zip
convert t1.wbmp t1.anything
will work with no problems no matter of output format
convert t2.svg t2.wbmp
will produce corrupted data
and even
convert t2.gif t2.wbmp
will not work either, even keeping in mind that t2.gif is black-and-white (1bpp) image
(pls note that t2.gif produced by "convert t2.svg -colors 1 t2.gif", so conversion from vector to black-and white works after all!)
I used ImageMagick-6.3.4-Q16 under Windows Vista Home Basic (really doubt that mentioned problem is platform or version depentent)

Looking for any advice or solution, as I need to create WBMP images "on-fly" and was unable to find any other alternatives except IM (need command-line multiplatform solution)