status = MagickDeleteImageProperty(magick_wand, "EXIF:*");

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
DJTurboToJo

status = MagickDeleteImageProperty(magick_wand, "EXIF:*");

Post by DJTurboToJo »

hi there,

I want to remove the EXIF data from my images. Ho do I do this?

I tried status = MagickDeleteImageProperty(magick_wand, "EXIF:*"); but this doesnt work...any suggestions?

cheerz
TurboToJo
Last edited by DJTurboToJo on 2007-07-25T12:00:29-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
magick
Site Admin

Re: status = MagickDeleteImageProperty(magick_wand, "EXIF:*");

Post by magick »

To delete a profile, use MagickDeleteImageProfile().
DJTurboToJo

Re: status = MagickDeleteImageProperty(magick_wand, "EXIF:*");

Post by DJTurboToJo »

hey,

sorry I m still not sure how to delete the EXIF data. I guess this is a pretty easy and common task so maybe someone can help me:

Code: Select all

unsigned char *MagickRemoveImageProfile(MagickWand *wand, const char *name,size_t *length)

name
Name of profile to return: ICC, IPTC, or generic profile.

length
The length of the profile.
Mhm, so I dont know much about images...so what is the format saved in a JPEG? I thought it is EXIF. According to wikipedia IPTC Headers can be embedded into JPEG/Exif or TIFF formatted image files. Well, when and how can I check what type of profile I do have in these pictures? I just want to get rid of all the information that isn't needed to simply display the picture (including removing the thumbnail).

How do I know how long the profile is? I dont even know what kind of profile I have in these pictures. I know that the EXIF tags are different for some digital cameras. So, I guess length gives the length in bytes but how can I obtain this information?

EDIT: is resizing + removing = thumbnail function? So could I use thumbnail to create 640x480 images instead of resizing them to this size and then removing the profile?
EDIT2: Yes, I just found the answer! Thumbail() is exactly the same as resizing and and removing all profiles.

Thanks,
TurboToJo