ImageMagick on Windows without installation

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Arancaytar

ImageMagick on Windows without installation

Post by Arancaytar »

The Windows PC I am working on does not allow me to install ImageMagick directly.

I have tried to install the program on another computer and copy the program folder, but this apparently makes it lose all its decoding libraries: While it worked on the computer where it was properly installed, the copied version complains about missing "decode delegates" and shows an empty list on "identify -list format".

Is there any way I can run the program on a Windows PC without going through the (admin-requiring) installation process? Perhaps some kind of "portable" download that simply needs to be extracted to work? Thanks.
Arancaytar

Re: ImageMagick on Windows without installation

Post by Arancaytar »

For the record, I never solved this. Eventually I got our sysadmin to install it for me. A portable version would be very, very welcome - and I mean binaries, because these locked-down systems usually lack a compiler too.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: ImageMagick on Windows without installation

Post by anthony »

It would be vary hard as IM uses a lot of seconary libraries.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/