where is decode delegate dir?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
yeller

where is decode delegate dir?

Post by yeller »

Hi,

I've installed ImageMagick 6.2.8 from yum and have installed jasper 1.9. I've found some jp2 decode libraries that came with jasper and would like to use them so I don't get the 'no decode delegate for this image format' message. What should I do to use these libraries?

Thanks
yeller

Re: where is decode delegate dir?

Post by yeller »

Answer is: /usr/lib/ImageMagick...

More questions!

I'm using ImageMagick on CentOS (Linux) and am still having an issue using jp2 format. I've installed jasper but jasper doesn't appear to be able to change the size of the image when I hook it up in the delegates.xml file, like IM's convert -sample can. Although maybe I could convert to some IM recognized format, perform the resizing and then convert back again - but I'd rather just do it in one straight shot.

Any ideas?
yeller

Post by yeller »

Also,

Jasper is kind of enough to provide:

jp2_dec.lo
jp2_dec.o

jp2_enc.lo
jp2_enc.o

libjp2.la

Is there anyway I can get ImageMagick to recognize these so I don't have to use jasper at all?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

I hope this helps...

The coder module is the one that should access the specific libraries for a specific file format. See if you have something like a jp2000 coder present.

If you don't you will have an coder module (in amongst all the other modules) then you will need to re-compile your IM for your machine so it can create this coder.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
yeller

Post by yeller »

I do have a

jp2_cod.lo and
jp2_cod.o

is there somewhere I can put this so when I install IM from yum - it will incorporate jpeg2000 support into IM?

Thanks
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

that is probably the object that needs to be added into the dynamic library.
the coders on my system are like this (for png)
/usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.3.5/modules-Q16/coders/png.so
I can see what libraies it needs using "ldd" on this file.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/