ImageMagick-6.3.6-10-Q16-windows-dll.exe (crash)

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
dimbar

ImageMagick-6.3.6-10-Q16-windows-dll.exe (crash)

Post by dimbar »

C++ complier: Visual C++ Express

Problem: If you give it a picture with a DateTime in set it crashes when outputted or stored into a std::string and used later on.

Magick::Image image;
image.read("c:\\somepic.jpg");
std::cout << image.attribute("EXIF:DateTime");

Any ideas ?
magick
Site Admin

Re: ImageMagick-6.3.6-10-Q16-windows-dll.exe (crash)

Post by magick »

We tried your code snippet and it works fine for us with the latest ImageMagick release with VS 7. We substituted the code snippet in the button project generally found at c:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.3.6-Q16/Magick++_demos . In the past, users that posted similar problems generally discovered there was a compiler option that they forgot to set.
dimbar

Post by dimbar »

Would you happen to know what the compile options are ?

I currently have:
source:
---
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <Magick++.h>

#include <iostream>

void main()
{
Magick::Image image;
image.read("C:\\somepic.jpg");
std::cout << image.attribute("EXIF:DateTime");
}
---
cl /EHsc /D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 -DWIN32 -c -Fo mytest.cpp
link -OUT:mytest.exe mytest.obj "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.3.6-Q16\lib\CORE_RL_Magick++_.lib"

output:
2006:05:05 10:36:14 (crashes after this)
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We always build with the configure script provided with the ImageMagick source distribution and we build from the Visual Studio 7 IDE. We have no experience building from the command line so we can't help you. Perhaps another user will post with some insight.
dimbar

Post by dimbar »

Thanks for you help...

Sorry to ask a silly question but can you point me to a website or an example on how you build using Visual Studio 7 IDE ?

I will try and do the same with Visual Studio 2005 Express (even though I have tried and it dies at image.read(..) :(

Ah well..
dimbar

Post by dimbar »

Just to let you know how far I have got:

HEAP[button.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00EF0000, 0103FC20 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in button.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, and indicates a bug in button.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

Any ideas ?

Thanks