HELP! Problem with converting pdf to image

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
black10dan

HELP! Problem with converting pdf to image

Post by black10dan »

Hello, I am a newbie to IM so I am facing heaps of difficulties. Here is the code I am performing:
convert "test.pdf[1]" test.png

And this is what I get:
Error: /invalidfont in /findfont
Operand stack:
--nostringval-- --dict:8/17(L)-- TT2 1 --dict:8/8(L)-- --dict:8/8(L)-- TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT --dict:13/13(L)-- Times-Bold Times-Bold
Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1905 1 3 %oparray_pop 1904 1 3 %oparray_pop 1888 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 3 1 2 --nostringval-- %for_pos_int_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push --nostringval-- %loop_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 1863 10 9 %oparray_pop
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1153/1684(ro)(G)-- --dict:2/20(G)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:107/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:275/300(ro)(G)-- --dict:22/25(L)-- --dict:4/6(L)-- --dict:26/40(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: 2
GPL Ghostscript 8.61: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
convert: Postscript delegate failed `test.pdf'.
convert: missing an image filename `test.png'.

The IM version I am using:
convert -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.2.8 08/15/06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2006 ImageMagick Studio LLC

And GS version:
gs
GPL Ghostscript 8.61 (2007-11-21)
Copyright (C) 2007 Artifex Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
GPL Ghostscript 8.61: Cannot open X display `(null)'.
**** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: HELP! Problem with converting pdf to image

Post by anthony »

Looks like the ghostscript does not know about or can find the appropriate font requested. Looks like a standard font, so I'd say the ghostscript standard fonts have not been installed.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
black10dan

Re: HELP! Problem with converting pdf to image

Post by black10dan »

Problem solved. I had to specify the full path to gs. Thank you.