Cannont Allocate Memory

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
riegel

Cannont Allocate Memory

Post by riegel »

Hello,

I have used ImageMagick for about 6 years. I am setting up a new server and I am running this...

Code: Select all

convert -font Helvetica -pointsize 40 -fill "#ffffff" -draw "gravity center text 0,0 '9877'" /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg MIFF:/usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg 2>&1
I get this error...

convert: UnableToConcatenateString `Cannot allocate memory
If I run the command from the command line it works fine, but it just seems to be when running this particular command from my web server. I say this particular command because I can runn other commands without incident. Also the image referenced is less than 10kb, so it isn't a large file at all.

Any ideas on where I can start looking? The server is running FreeBSD and Apache.

Some may want to know about the bigger picture i.e. why am I using MIFF etc. This command is in a chain of commands and the last command uses JPG as the destination format. MIFF provides a lossless chain. Also all the other commands are completing without any trouble.

In case it is helpful here is the string of commands that are running...

identify -format "<x>%w</x> <y>%h</y> <m>%m</m>" /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/verify009.jpg
convert -quality 100 /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/verify009.jpg MIFF:/usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg 2>&1
convert -font Helvetica -pointsize 40 -fill "#ffffff" -draw "gravity center text 0,0 '9877'" /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg MIFF:/usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg 2>&1
convert -interlace none -quality 80 /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg JPEG:/usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg 2>&1
identify -format "<x>%w</x> <y>%h</y> <m>%m</m>" /usr/home/mediaserver/html/clearimage/tmp/.TEMP/verify009TEMP.jpg
If I run these commands from the command line they work fine.