Change font leading and tracking

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
troyd1

Change font leading and tracking

Post by troyd1 »

I am trying to find a way to use different leading(line spacing) and tracking(character spacing) for a selected font using caption. Is there a way to do this and if so, how?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Change font leading and tracking

Post by fmw42 »

I will defer to the experts (Anthony and Magick), but I don't think that is directly possible.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Change font leading and tracking

Post by anthony »

At this time no this is not directly possible. IM is not designed to be a work processor in this way.

However with some trickiness you can things like this indirectly.

For example I have a script called... divide_vert which will take a image of, for example, plain text and generates a sequence of images consisting of the individual lines, and gaps. You can then simply splice extra space into the images, and append them together again.

The script is a prototype of a possible future operators for image 'segmentation'. There are a number of possibilities not implemented as yet, which are listed in the script header. It could be taken further to also cut up lines into individual characters and/or work spacing.

Basically it would be one posible solution to your problem.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/