ImageMagick-6.4.8-6-Q16 & ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16 R6034 Err

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
sugarflux

ImageMagick-6.4.8-6-Q16 & ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16 R6034 Err

Post by sugarflux »

Hi Guys

Previously had ImageMagick-6.2.2-5 installed on three seperate servers. Working on all servers and tested functionality from the command line and using the SimpleTest.vbs in the ImageMagickObject Tests folder.

Yesterday decided to update :0( Silly me!

ImageMagick-6.4.8-6-Q16-Windows-dll.exe installed on all three servers. After install tested from command line using the suggested convert command. Works no problem on all three servers.

However on two of the servers the SimpleTest.vbs will not run using cscript/wscript. Each time i get the error:

R6034
Ann application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

After googling this error it seems to be something to do with being compiled without a manifest?? I don't know if anyone can offer any info?

I uninstalled 6.4.8-6 from both of the servers with the issue and installed 6.4.8-7. Unfortunately I'm getting exactly the same errors......

Thanks in advance

sugarflux
magick
Site Admin

Re: ImageMagick-6.4.8-6-Q16 & ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16 R6034 Err

Post by magick »

ImageMagick is now built with Visual Studio C++ 2008 rather than 2003 to take advantage of parallel processing which can substantually speed up your processes. See if this makes a difference. Copy All DLLS in the ImageMagick-6.4.8-7\modules/coders folder into the ImageMagick-6.4.8-7 folder along side of the CORE_DL_magick.dll DLL. Does that resolve the problem? If not, try installing the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and see if that helps.
sugarflux

Post by sugarflux »

Hi Magick

Thanks for the suggestions!
I tried copying all the dll's from the coders folder to the ImageMagick-6.4.8-Q16 folder as suggested and unfortunately I'm getting the same error as before.

Surely i shouldn't need to install C++ 2008 package to get IM to work? Isn't C++2008 licensed also?

Thanks for your help if you have any more suggestions i'll be eternally grateful....

sugarflux
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

C++2008 redistributable package should be freely licensed. However, we'll need a Windows guru to offer suggestions since we are primarily Linux developers. We're clueless why ImageMagick would work from the command line but fail from a VB script. We should mention that the VB test script we include works fine for us on both our NT and Windows Vista systems.
sugarflux

Post by sugarflux »

Hi Magick

Thanks again for your response!
I've found the vc++ 2008 redist package and installed it on our testing server and it's solved the issue. I'll now roll out this package to the other servers.

Thanks for all your help!

sugarflux
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

It looks like we need to add an additional DLL to the ImageMagick distribution. Its probably the ATL DLL.
roed

Post by roed »

I think the problem is that ImageMagickObject.dll doesn't contain manifest.
Applications/libraries built from VC++ projects have manifest included by default.
ImageMagickObject.dll is built using BuildImageMagickObject.cmd script not VC++ project and manifest isn't added to library.
It is necessary to use manifest (mt.exe) tool explicitly. Here is quick & dirty path to BuildImageMagickObject.cmd.

Code: Select all

Index: BuildImageMagickObject.cmd
===================================================================
--- BuildImageMagickObject.cmd	(revision 14072)
+++ BuildImageMagickObject.cmd	(working copy)
@@ -64,14 +64,16 @@
     (@echo Problem - the lib subdirectory of VisualMagick is missing important libraries)
     goto :EOF
   )
-  cl /LDd /EHsc /I%PATH_TO_ROOT%\ /Zi /D_DEBUG /MTd ImageMagickObject.cpp %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\CORE_DB_*.lib %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\IM_MOD_DB_*.lib winmm.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib comsvcs.lib ImageMagickObject.res /link /IDLOUT:ImageMagickObject.idl
+  cl /LDd /EHsc /I%PATH_TO_ROOT%\ /Zi /D_DEBUG /MTd ImageMagickObject.cpp %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\CORE_DB_*.lib %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\IM_MOD_DB_*.lib winmm.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib comsvcs.lib ImageMagickObject.res /link /MANIFEST /IDLOUT:ImageMagickObject.idl
+  mt -manifest ImageMagickObject.dll.manifest -outputresource:ImageMagickObject.dll;2  
 )
 if {%1}=={release} (
   if not exist %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\CORE_RL_magick_.lib (
     (@echo Problem - the lib subdirectory of VisualMagick is missing important libraries)
     goto :EOF
   )
-  cl /LD /EHsc /I%PATH_TO_ROOT%\ /Zi /MT ImageMagickObject.cpp %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\CORE_RL_*.lib %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\IM_MOD_RL_*.lib winmm.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib comsvcs.lib ImageMagickObject.res /link /IDLOUT:ImageMagickObject.idl
+  cl /LD /EHsc /I%PATH_TO_ROOT%\ /Zi /MT ImageMagickObject.cpp %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\CORE_RL_*.lib %PATH_TO_MAGICK%\lib\IM_MOD_RL_*.lib winmm.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib comsvcs.lib ImageMagickObject.res /link /MANIFEST /IDLOUT:ImageMagickObject.idl
+  mt -manifest ImageMagickObject.dll.manifest -outputresource:ImageMagickObject.dll;2  
 )
 if not exist ImageMagickObject.dll (
   (@echo Problem - the ImageMagickObject DLL is missing. It did not build correctly)
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235591.aspx for more info.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We will get your patch into the Subversion trunk by sometime tomorrow. Thanks.
sugarflux

Post by sugarflux »

Installing the

'Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package'

seems to be working across the board for me :0)

Simply type the above into google to find it from msdn.

Hope this helps,

sugarflux
http:www.broox.co.uk
SprikeWebDesign

Re: ImageMagick-6.4.8-6-Q16 & ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16 R6034

Post by SprikeWebDesign »

Initally I managed to install image magick and all appear correct, I even managed to create an image using php, however when I ran a phpinfo(); script it generated thisa error on the server.

Yes installing vc++2008 redistributables solved this problem though and all works fine.

Kind regards

Sprike