Assertion `(*semaphore_info) != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
paulgao

Assertion `(*semaphore_info) != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)

Post by paulgao »

ImageMagick from V6.5.7-2 to V6.5.7-5, in Centos 5.x 64bit OS, show message:

php: magick/semaphore.c:220: DestroySemaphoreInfo: Assertion `(*semaphore_info) != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted

why?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Assertion `(*semaphore_info) != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)

Post by magick »

We need to reproduce the problem before we can offer a solution. Can you post a command line or script that we can use that will generate the exception? You could also post a stack trace. With the trace we should be able to track the source of the problem and fix it.
wealthychef

Post by wealthychef »

He might not be able to, but I'm seeing the same error on every machine. All you have to do is type
convert -list
and you get that error. Or I do. This is on RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.6 kernel.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Does the problem occur with the latest ImageMagick release, 6.5.7-10? We're running it under CentOS 5.4 and concert -list returns without complaint.
wealthychef

Post by wealthychef »

Yes, thanks! It works now on all our machines, including AIX, RHEL5, and SuSE SLES 9.
I notice the ImageMagick page says the latest release is 6.5.8, but the latest I actually saw on the mirrors was 6.5.7-10 as you said. Things move fast around here, I guess!
nicolas66

Re: Assertion `(*semaphore_info) != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void

Post by nicolas66 »

Recently, I had a similar error message when compiling a project with MagickCore and MagickWand. I had resolved this problem by compiling only with MagickWand. Hope this helps ...