Building on FreeBSD 7.2

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
JoaCHIP

Building on FreeBSD 7.2

Post by JoaCHIP »

Can anyone give me a few hints on how to make ImageMagick 6.6.3-0 compile on FreeBSD? I guess I have to use "gmake" rather than "make", but I get this error:
magick/.libs/libMagickCore.so: undefined reference to `carg'
gmake[1]: *** [utilities/animate] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/joachip/ImageMagick-6.6.3-0'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
The pre-compiled version that exists in http://www.freebsd.org/ports is two months old (6.6.1.10), and does not contain the FFT features that I use for my gallery. I just re-installed all my FreeBSD packages to make sure my system wasn't messed up, but I still get this error. I also tried running configure with the settings suggested in the Install/unix.txt: " ./configure CC=c99 CFLAGS=-O2 LIBS=-lposix " but I still get the same error. Help!? :?

--
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p3 #1: Sun Aug 9 22:52:34 CEST 2009 root@servername.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
JoaCHIP

Update

Post by JoaCHIP »

The version that kept appearing when installing ImageMagick was even older than 6.6.1.10 (which actually does have the FFT feature.)

I'm up an running. Please disregard above post. :oops: