Can't get PerlMagick to work with ActivePerl 5.8.9.827

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
ss2art

Can't get PerlMagick to work with ActivePerl 5.8.9.827

Post by ss2art »

We previously had ImageMagick 6.5.9-10 and PerlMagick working with Active Perl 5.10. We needed to downgrade our perl version. We had to install ImageMagick 6.6.4, since this is latest binary distribution (We can not compile our own version).

Now, whenever I run script with the Image::Magick library used, such as
perl demo.pl

I get an error window popping up with the following:
The application has failed to start because perl512.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

And the following in the cmd window:

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.6.4-Q16\PerlMagick\demo>perl demo.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module Image::Mag
ick: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader
.pm line 226.
at demo.pl line 5
Compilation failed in require at demo.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at demo.pl line 5.

I can not find any information about version compatibility on your web site, nor can I find any binary distribution before 6.6.4-6.

How do I get PerlMagick working again with ActivePerl 5.8?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Can't get PerlMagick to work with ActivePerl 5.8.9.827

Post by magick »

ImageMagick binaries for Windows supports the latest release of ActiveState Perl. For other versions of ActiveState or Strawberry Perl you need to build ImageMagick yourself or perhaps find an older binary distribution somewhere in the Net. We have a fellow that builds custom releases of ImageMagick for a modest cost (contact user kobayashimaru at host imagemagick.org).