typos on Web pages

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
yecril71pl
Authentication code: 8675308

typos on Web pages

Post by yecril71pl »

At Bounds
The other problem is that the fill color is not applied up to the center of the
shape (polygon) being draw+n+, but ~1/2+½+ pixel further.
At Development and Bugs:
These pages demonstrate and provide workarounds ~vor+for+ various bugs known to exist, or use+d+ to exist within IM.
Most of these bug ~demonstartion+demonstration+ pages are not updated with the current distribution of IM. So that when a particular bug is fixed, the +present+ page can still demonstrate the unfixed effects of the bug.
At Operator Options Index:
-draw Draw ~Primatives+Primitives+, MVG, Canvas Clearing
Note that it is possible to use a spell checker as a part of the Web publishing process.
NicolasRobidoux

Re: typos on Web pages

Post by NicolasRobidoux »

Dear Yecril71pl:

Let me try to make your main message clearer by rewriting your post:
Thank you Anthony for putting together the best and most comprehensive ImageMagick documentation available and putting more energy into adding content, developing and testing new methods and features, fixing bugs in the ImageMagick code, and helping users, than fixing harmless typos.
Last edited by NicolasRobidoux on 2011-03-03T20:27:23-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
yecril71pl

Post by yecril71pl »

NicolasRobidoux wrote:Dear Yecril71pl:

Let me try to make your main message clearer by rewriting your post:
Thank you Anthony for putting together the best and most comprehensive ImageMagick documentation available and putting more energy into adding content, developing and testing new methods and features, fixing bugs in the ImageMagick code, and helping users, than fixing harmless typos.
I never dared suggest to impose the burden on fixing harmless typos on the Great Anthony, let his name be hailed forever. This is obviously a task for useless trolls like your humble servant. However, I still think using a spell checker would be a good thing.

Note also that the typos are harmless only for readers fluent in English who can fix them while reading. They are not harmless when you use an automatic translator or a screen reader, although those certainly get smarter with time. (I suppose people who use a screen reader will not benefit much from using ImageMagick, so consider that a general statement.)
NicolasRobidoux

Post by NicolasRobidoux »

Dear yecril71pl:

My apologies for an inappropriately grumpy response.

------

And yes, I had completely missed the point that typos will foil automatic translation.

nicolas
Drarakel

Post by Drarakel »

Typos are not my priority either, but if there's already a thread..
There's a typo - not at Anthony's sites, but at the options overview:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/comma ... ptions.php
In the upper list, there's "‑blackpoint‑compensation" (the dash is missing). And the link is also spelled "/script/../script/command-line-options.php#blackpoint-compensation" - that's why the link doesn't work.
Thanks!
Drarakel

Post by Drarakel »

Drarakel wrote:In the upper list, there's "‑blackpoint‑compensation" (the dash is missing). And the link is also spelled "/script/../script/command-line-options.php#blackpoint-compensation" - that's why the link doesn't work.
Ehm.. Something has been changed. The link now works. But the option is now spelled "‑blackpoint‑compensation" everywhere. That's wrong!
If even you can get confused about that, it definitely has to be fixed. :-D :wink:
It should be "‑black-point‑compensation" (with dash between black and point) - at the upper list and now also within the lower text with the explanations (well, and perhaps in the link and in the associated anchor).
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Fixed. Thanks.
anthony

Post by anthony »

yecril71pl wrote:At Bounds
The other problem is that the fill color is not applied up to the center of the
shape (polygon) being draw+n+, but ~1/2+½+ pixel further.
A little picky, but fixed.
At Development and Bugs:
These pages demonstrate and provide workarounds ~vor+for+ various bugs known to exist, or use+d+ to exist within IM.
Most of these bug ~demonstartion+demonstration+ pages are not updated with the current distribution of IM. So that when a particular bug is fixed, the +present+ page can still demonstrate the unfixed effects of the bug.
fixed

Code: Select all

At [url=http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/reference.html#operators]Operator Options Index[/url]:
[quote]
  -draw   Draw   ~[i]Primatives[/i]+[b]Primitives[/b]+,  MVG,  Canvas Clearing
[/quote]
That I have trouble with certian words, that never seem to get fixing into my fingers when writing. Primitive os one of these (I almost did it again too in answering this). I double checked the 'draw' page where I use the word, so they should disappear form the main web site in a hour or so!
Note that it is possible to use a spell checker as a part of the Web publishing process.
I do often use it, but it is not automated. Many words I use are valid in the Graphics world, but spell checkers complain about them. For example "ImageMagick", "Resize", "polylines" etc are all miss-spelt, but valid!

Also most of the examples and many options show up as a blaze of spelling errors. It is often difficult to see the real miss-spells over the multitude of valid miss-spells.

I do try though. Most errors are in new additions.

However thanks for you input.

Oh hey... just a few quotes for a little fun...
We misspelled the word misspelled twice, as mispelled, in the
Corrections and clarifications column on September 26, page 30.
-- The Guardian, September 28, 2007
Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
Spell chequers dew knot work write.
"Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!"
-- Jason Sicotte <jasonsicotte@dublinschool.org
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
yecril71pl

Post by yecril71pl »

anthony wrote:That I have trouble with certian words, that never seem to get fixing into my fingers when writing. Primitive os one of these (I almost did it again too in answering this). I double checked the 'draw' page where I use the word, so they should disappear form the main web site in a hour or so!
Well, they did not disappear in 2 days or so :-(
Also, certain is certainly one of those words :lol:

Also:
Sorry, ~can not+cannot+ handle images with 64-bit samples. `caspian.tif' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/496.
anthony

Post by anthony »

yecril71pl wrote:Well, they did not disappear in 2 days or so :-(
Also, certain is certainly one of those words :lol:
The reference.html file was not previously mentioned. I have fixed '-blackpoint-compensation' in that file.
Also not that that reference file is incomplete, though I do try to update it with appropriate references when I can.
Drarakel

Post by Drarakel »

anthony wrote:The reference.html file was not previously mentioned. I have fixed '-blackpoint-compensation' in that file.
Thanks, Anthony! (I didn't even notice that "-blackpoint-compensation" was also in this file.)
But yecril71pl probably meant that:
yecril71pl wrote:At Operator Options Index:
anthony

Post by anthony »

[quote="Drarakel"
yecril71pl wrote:At Operator Options Index:
[/quote]

I though it was in the draw section, as that is where I typically use the word. I found a number of them there.
Also fixed in reference, though it may be a day or so to update.
yecril71pl

Post by yecril71pl »

At -set key value:
such settings are ~globel+global+ in scope
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Fixed. It will take up to 24 hours for the update to propagate. Thanks.