how to setup magickwand c api (newbie question)

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
spectre
Authentication code: 8675308

how to setup magickwand c api (newbie question)

Post by spectre »

Hello :)

I want to start to use the magickwand c api.

I work with codeblocks 10 and windows xp sp2

can you tell me what I need to download / configure in order to compile a simple c image-magick example ?

it's not clear for me

thanks and best regards

Spectre
el_supremo

Re: how to setup magickwand c api (newbie question)

Post by el_supremo »

Download the Win32 dynamic binary version (pick Q8 or Q16) of the ImageMagick DLL installation file.
http://studio.imagemagick.org/script/bi ... hp#windows
Execute it, and in the dialog make sure you select to install the headers.

When you compile a program, codeblocks will need to know the following information. I use MSVC so I don't know how to set it in codeblocks but I presume you can figure that out.
- Add the path to your include directory in the compiler - something like "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q8\include"
- for the linker stage, add the additional library directory C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q8\lib
- also for the linker, add the Additional Dependencies CORE_RL_magick_.lib CORE_RL_wand_.lib
and if you're using C++ also add CORE_RL_Magick++_.lib

Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
spectre
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: how to setup magickwand c api (newbie question)

Post by spectre »

Dear Mr. el_supremo,

thanks for the exhaustive reply :) it works!

best regards

spectre